First time on Playas y Plazas?
¿Qué onda amigos? Thanks for coming by. I appreciate you taking the time to visit our blog. I’ve put together a quick start guide that will help you find your way around and hopefully, find some great articles that make you happy.
What is Playas y Plazas about?
Playas y Plazas is a blog about Mexico with a heavy dose of content about Guadalajara. Originally it was entirely written in English but we have grown into a bilingual English, and Spanish language blog with content from different perspectives. The three main categories that we write about are food, travel, surf, and culture. You may also use the search box to find something in particular.
This is some of our core content:
English Language Content
Articles About Guadalajara
- Guadalajara City Guide: A detailed list of places to go and things to do
- The Best Hotels in Guadalajara
- The Best Tours in Guadalajara
- Is Guadalajara Safe?
- Best Neighborhoods in Guadalajara
- Best Restaurants in Guadalajara
- Best Nightlife and Bars in Guadalajara
- Tacos Guadalajara
- Best Coffee in Guadalajara
Articles About Travel
- Surfing in Mexico
- My favorite beaches withing a couple hours of Guadalajara
- Baja Road Trip: Seafood and Surfing
- One day in Culiacán
- Punta Mita surf guide
- Pata de mula clams at a roadside puesto
Articles About Culture
If you would like to learn more about the couple behind Playas y Plazas, you may check out the ABOUT page. We are a family of four. Paul is from the United States, Yara is from Mexico, and we live in Mexico but spend a fair amount of time in the United States.